May 18, 2012

Jobs

There is a surprising lack of full time pharmacist jobs across the country. Especially in areas I want to live.

Here's the current dilemma:

I have an offer for a full time job working with nice people in a great pharmacy. It is in Fallon, Nevada. Population: 8,544 humans + wild horses + antelope + scorpions.

Photo by Brian T. Murphy (http://www.nevadamagazine.com/issues/read/wild_horses/)

As of yet, I have no possible jobs anywhere else. I've applied to quite a few, but apparently the people at several retail pharmacies (that shall remain un-named) don't think it is important to get back to you in a timely fashion, if at all. Although, I have heard that this is a problem in any job field. In fact, I applied for a couple of jobs back in 2007 and still haven't heard back. Hmm....

I may be able to snag a job in Tooele if I try quickly.

I still have 3 months before I can no longer work at my current intern job. So, I may find the job of my dreams in the lovely Portland, Oregon before then.

(http://www.travelandleisure.com/americas-favorite-cities/2009/city/portland-oregon)

Any thoughts on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Stephanie Hughes, PharmD

No comments:

Post a Comment